These are the symbols I use when proofreading your paper.
- __ (a single letter underlined) = Capitalize or un-capitalize the letter.
- Frag = This is a sentence fragment. It needs either a subject or a verb.
- Run-on = Two sentences are incorrectly jammed into one. Use a period or semicolon to separate them or some kind of connector (FANBOYS, etc.) to combine them.
- WW = It looks like you used the wrong word.
- Ital = This should be in italics.
- Ⓢ = What's your source for this point? It needs a citation.
- Red/pink highlighting = Ask me; it's either something too long to write out or something confusing that I need to ask you about.
Of course, you may ask me to clarify anything I marked on your paper. I'm hoping to have time during class to go over them with you, but you're also welcome to come in during Seminar.