- Silent Reading for 10 minutes
- Reading Log-- Email it to me or write it on paper and put it in the wire basket.
- Click here for the Clauses #1 exercise. Remember you have three tries and I'll take the highest score. Also, like I told you on Monday, if you don't get 50% within three tries, you'll need to come get help during Seminar before I put ANY grade in PowerSchool. If you don't get 50%, it's a zero.
- Go to Quizlet and add these words to your existing list; don't start a new list.
descendants = children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and so on
stock = ethnic group ("race") that someone comes from
minority = a smaller group
naturalization = becoming a citizen
factions = groups that disagree with other groups
assimilation = blending into the surrounding culture
- I changed my mind about TinyCards, so we'll wait and talk about it on Thursday.
- Do this week's Simple Stuff. The new 50% policy also applies to Simple Stuff.
- Get started on your Book Presentation. You can start formatting it, adding pictures, etc., even if you haven't finished reading the book.
- Find some pictures of what you think the characters might look like.
- Find pictures that remind you of the setting of the story.
- Play with the themes, fonts, and backgrounds to find things you like. Remember that people at the back of the room need to be able to read the words on your screen when you're presenting.