E10 Research Paper
Click on each line below for more information:
Click here for the template.
In-Text Citations ⬇︎
The citation must be the SAME THING that's on the first line of the Works Cited entry.
- A period or comma goes after the citation.
Click here for some more examples.
MLA Style ⬇︎
There's also lots of useful information here.
- Get my attention.
- Give me some background info (history, definitions, etc.).
- End with your Thesis Statement.
- Sections 1-3
- Present your ideas backed up by facts you found in your research. This is NOT a middle-school essay where you talk about something you already knew about; this is a research paper.
- Restate your thesis (in different words).
- Make it apply to the audience. [How does it affect me?]
- End with a "call to action." [What do you want me to do about it?]
- Works Cited